Female Vampires

Ruminations on ladies with fangs.

Saturday, August 27, 2005

African Vampire Queen

8/27/2005 I recently saw two vampire movies with some really hot black vampiresses. You don’t see many black female vamps and it got me to thinking about a few things.

Why so few? I guess when you consider the ratio of white to black actors; it may be no greater or less. It could also be because the vampire myth is eastern European in origin and the movies usually play up that fact in their stories.

So I tried to put together a mental list of movies in which I had seen black vampiresses and the list is pretty short. There was the 1970’s Blaxploitation flick Scream, Blacula, Scream (IMDB.com link) which I don’t remember all that well but seem to recall at least one extremely rather unattractive black vampiress. Her screen time was miniscule. There was also the excellent (in the way I think any vampire film is excellent - it had a bona fide supermodel vampire and lots of shots of female fangs) 1996 movie Bordello of Blood (IMDB.com link) where there was one black vampire hooker. She didn’t say much but showed her tits and had great fangs.

One of my overall favorites is 1985 made-for-TV movie Midnight Hour (IMDB.com link) with a young-ish Shari Belafonte (before she and her dad went insane.) She’s plays a snotty In-crowd high schooler who gets her comeuppance when she’s bitten by an ancestor who was a witch and a slave (and not bad looking, either). For some reason (it was a milder decade, I guess) the scene where Shari bit her best friend and turned her into a vampiress wasn’t shown, but it happened nevertheless and it would have been great to see. In one of the best scenes Shari gets attacked and bitten by the witch-slave in a very graphic manner. It was very cool-sexy, especially with a great bed of music by The Smiths.

A few more...in the first Blade movie, there was a very brief appearance by Blade’s mother who was extremely hot, even with the ridiculous wig. There was also1986’s Vamp with kooky model/singer Grace Jones. She never looked good, so I barely even count this one.

Then in 1995 there was A Vampire in Brooklyn (IMDB.com link) with Angela Bassett. Fresh off Malcolm X and What’s Love Got to Do With It she retained that "I am woman, hear me roar" pride. I never thought her to be very pretty, but when she put on that fright wig, her forehead mutated into a Klingon-like shell and (my favorite) beautiful double-fangs appeared she became as beautiful as a supermodel to me.

Which brings me to the recent ones I’ve seen. There was the gangsta girl in the excellently-written Dark Town (IMDB.com link), a movie notable for its lesbian vampires and their persistent fangs. Then there was Denise Boutte in Way of the Vampire (she actually does us all a favor in the extras and pronounces it for us, it’s "booty". No lie. Watch. Rewind. Snicker. Repeat. ) Which is none too ironic because she looks like a goddess. Beautiful face, amazing tits and ass, and well-spoken. She truly comes across in her interview as a lovely girl. And she has awesome fangs. I like my vampiresses preppy, and Denise fits the bill.

Vampires are about sex, and they say sex is about power. Black women are typically portrayed in the movies today as strong and independent. I want to see more of that. But with fangs.

If anyone has any pics to share of black vampiresses, please email them to me. I'd be happy to post. And if I missed any movies with notable black ladies with fangs, please post a comment and let me know!

6 Comments:

At 8:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what about queen of the damned? Alliyah is definetly hot

 
At 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love this journal. Females with fangs are totally my favorite!

Kyle

http://www.livejournal.com/users/soundscapmn

 
At 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When are you going to post new pics?

 
At 6:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love this blog. female vamps are awesome and i keep looking to see if u put anything else in it. keep up the great work. gina in b.r.d. is so hot!

 
At 1:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

DONT FORGET GRACE JONES IN VAMP

 

Post a Comment

<< Home